Cooking up a yummy Chicken Stir-fry can be just what your homeschool needs at the end of the day, and I know that if your anything like me, homeschooling the kids all day can be a lot of work, and some days I just hope and pray my husband can swoop in a save the day with making dinner for us all, because we are deep into an art project or lessons that have just finally started to happen. I wanted to share this one with you, another great save my husband came up with for us! Save this recipe and share with yours, for easy dinner ideas.
Veggie Chicken Stir-Fry w/ Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 2 -3 carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 2 pkg of Knorr Sidekicks Chicken Fried Rice
- Poultry seasoning
Additional ingredients you could add:
- Parsnips, cut into matchsticks
- Snap peas
- Hard-boiled eggs, sliced on top (We hard boil eggs every few days)
- Green onions, chopped as a garnish on top
- Cube the chicken, and season with salt, pepper and a dash or two of poultry seasoning.
- Place the cubed and seasoned chicken breasts into a medium-high heat skillet, with oil, and stir. Soon after, add in 1 tbsp of butter. Allow the chicken to brown.
- Add a dash of soya sauce.
- While the chicken is cooking, peel and chop your carrots, onions and any other additional root vegetables you want to add.
- Once the chicken is cooked and browned, remove them from the pan and set aside.
- Toss in the diced onions and carrots.
- If using frozen bean beans, thaw the 2 cups of frozen green beans in a bowl, and place it in the microwave for 2 min. Strain and cut in half.
- Add to the cooking onions and carrots. Stir-fry for 5-10 min then add back the cooked chicken chunks.
For the Knorr’s Sidekicks Chicken Fried Rice:
- In a pot, add in your 3 1/2 cups of hot water and the contents of two packages into the pot. Stir and bring to a boil. Cover. Stir regularly.
- You will want to cook until all the water has been absorbed and add in a tablespoon of butter.
Tada! And dinner is served.
You can serve this Veggie Chicken Stir-Fry with a light drizzle of soya sauce if you’d like. Ideas for additional toppings, a pinch of chopped green onions, peanuts or a sliced hard boiled egg.
I hope you enjoyed this one! We sure did.
Till next time,
Breathe deeply and enjoy building your masterpiece with scissors and glue,