It’s Monster Week on the blog, and we are making our favorite Monster Cookie Recipe, inspired by A Monster’s Bad Rap by Kelly Grettler! Let’s get baking!
I just knew that making monster cookies was something we had to try while reading this book, and this time it turned out to be the BEST cookies I have ever made! Let me share this recipe with you…
Monster Cookie Recipe
by Alexandra Derry
- 1 1/4 cup of Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 stick of butter, room temperature
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla
- 4 cups of Quick Oats
- 2 teaspoons of Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup Sweetened Coconut Flakes
- 2/4 cup Dark Chocolate Sprinkles
- 2/4 cup of M+M’s
- 2/4 cup of Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup of White Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup of raisins
- A Copy of A Monster’s Bad Rap by Kelly Grettler
Watch Our YouTube Video on How to Make these Cookies + Our Read-Aloud of A Monster’s Bad Rap:
The Method for Making Monster Cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Gather all your ingredients and get them ready to mix up.
- Cream your BUTTER, WHITE SUGAR and BROWN SUGAR.
- Add in your PEANUT BUTTER, and combine.
- Crack in your EGGS one at a time.
- Pour in your VANILLA and mix until smooth and combined.
- Once your cookie batter is smooth and fluffy, add in your QUICK OATS, and mix until combined.
- Sprinkle in your Baking Soda, now. I always tend to forget this and put it in at the end, but as long as it’s in there, you are good!
- Now it’s time to add in your extra treats, this is up to you on what you have in your cupboard. You can omit some of the ones we used if you would rather, but we found this blend was a really nice balance. Add them all in at once, or one by one, and mix up!
- Mix, mix, mix.
- Take your tablespoon, or scooper out and place your cookies on a lined cookie sheet, we love this cookie liner, the cookies always come off the sheet clean. This set is also a great deal. Place the cookies two per row, to allow for optimum baking space as they melt down nicely.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, depending on how you like your cookies, and how large of a spoonful you used. Test it out. 10 minutes was the perfect time for us, and the size of the scoop we used.
- This batch is very large and produces about 50 cookies, so you can also freeze the rest. I like to scoop them all out, and then freeze them on a tray, for a few hours, and once they are frozen, simply place them in a freezer bag, and keep frozen until you want to make another batch of yummy monster cookies!
These cookies are so yummy, and we all loved them! They disappeared so fast, I am glad I froze another batch of them! Please, give them a try, and pair them with the book A Monster’s Bad Rap, as well as the Build A Monster Play Doug Kit, which we will share with you TOMORROW!
Buy this book:
Grab your Free Copy of Our Monster Theme Pack Today!
Includes; Monster Cookie Recipe, Monster Play Dough Recipe, Kit directions, Party Kit Printable, and a Monster Story Writing Prompt!
Til next time,
Breathe deeply and enjoy building your masterpiece with scissors and glue, and monster cookies too!
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may also like one of these: