These moist Banana muffins were such a hit, the kids gobbled them up and asked for seconds and thirds. If you are looking for a moist, soft and sweet banana muffin or bread, look no further.
See how we paired this recipe for #bakingfriday on IG here, plus don’t forget to check out our Stories under “BakingFriday”. We have joined a fabulous group of Homeschool mamas on Instagram and we all bake on Friday and usually read a story with the kids. We paired this batch of banana muffins with the book “There’s An Alligator Under My Bed” by Mercer Mayer.
So, I’m sure your ready by now to check out this recipe! Here it is:
Moist Banana, Coconut & Spice Muffins/Bread Recipe
Makes 2 Dozen muffins & 1 loaf
- 4 1/2 cups of flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tsp of baking soda
- 1-2 tsp of cinnamon (let your tastes guide how much you want)
- 6 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 can of coconut milk, 400ml
- 1 cup of melted butter
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 3/4 cup of light brown sugar
- 1/2 TBSP of Vanilla Extract
- Beat ripe bananas in your mixer until smooth.
- Measure and whisk your flour, baking powder, and soda in a separate bowl.
- Add in your can of coconut milk, eggs, and sugars to your mashed bananas, and mix until smooth and frothy.
- Slowly add in your whisked dry ingredients, and mix on low until completely combined, and thick. If needed, add in a bit more flour.
- Then finish it off with your melted butter and mix on low until smooth.
- Preheat your oven 350F.
- Prepare your muffins tins and loaf pan with spreading an even layer of soft butter on the bottoms, and sides. Then dust with flour and tap and turn until you have an even layer of flour over your butter. If you take the time to do this step, you will never need to buy liners again! They will pop out so easily, and be ready to eat.
- Once you have prepared your tins, pour 1/4 cup of batter into your tins, 2 dozen. Then add the remaining batter into your prepared loaf tin. Bake your muffins for 18-19 minutes and use the bounce-back test. If the tops of your muffins bounce back when touched lightly with your finger, they are done.
- Let cool slightly before gobbling down!
Bake your loaf in the Center of a preheated oven, for 25-30 minutes. Use the bounce-back test, plus insert a knife into the Center. Once it comes out clean, you are good to go!
It’s always a great feeling when all three kids give you the thumbs up ? with something you baked and can say for certain we will be using this recipe again!
Do you like baking and reading books with your kids?
We liked this book, “There’s an Alligator Under My Bed” by Mercer Mayer. I
t’s about a boy who tells us the story of when he used to have an Alligator under his bed, and how he solved the problem! With each page, the illustrations guide the reader to into more details of the story, and intice us to wonder ‘what will happen next’, and think, will his family finally see the Alligator?
Til next time,
Have fun with scissors and glue and #bakingfriday too!