K is for Knots, and we are sharing our top picks of books, crafts, recipes and more for you to enjoy with your kids while learning all bout knots and the letter K!
Knots are fun to make, and yet making them does require a lot of fine motor skill.
Last week we talked about how J is for juggling, which is a gross motor skill strengthening activity, and today, we are sharing fun ideas on how you can teach your kiddos all about knots, how to tie them, make them, and bake them…
Books About Knots
One of the books that we love about Knots is actually all about a fairy, who loves knots too… in fact, she loves them so much, that she has decided to fly around every night, in her cozy p.j’s and slippers, sneaks into your room and ties knots into your hair. Such a lovely story to help children through a possibly difficult situation, one of brishing their hair, and wondering why they end up with so many knots in the morning.
New Pic of knot fairy
The Knot Fairy by Bobbie Hinman was one of the first books we ever reviewed and fell in love with, and we make the Build a Glitter Fairy Play Dough Kit and created a Clay Fairy Art Project plus writing prompt, to go along with it all. A really fun book about knots in your hair, your kids will really enjoy this.
Our Knot Inspired Books for Kids:
Recipes Using Knots
Cooking with knots is so much fun, and here are our top 5 recipes for you and your kids to try out:
- Garlic Knots | Dinner at the Zoo
- 30 Minute Cinamon Sugar Knots | I heart eating
- Celtic Knot Rolls | Cooking with Carlee
- Braided Rosemary Bread | Yummly
- Puff Pastry Lemon Knots | The Bitter Side of Sweet
Crafts with Knots
Once you have read the books, tied the knots and made the treats, now it’s time to get crafty:
- Paracord Snakes | Frugal Fun 4 Boys
- A Twine Salors Knot | Jennifer Frost
- Heart Pattern Friendship Bracelet | Plus Watch the YouTube Vidoe
- DIY Watermelon Friendship Breacelet | The House That Lars Built
- Paper Plate Tree Of Life | The Pinterested Parent
Extra YouTube Videos to Teaching How to Tie Knots
- The Celtic Heart Knot | Tying It All Together
- The Easiest Way To Tie a Celtic Knot | eNCArt
- 8 Knots You Need To Know | Outdoor Boys
- How to Tie a Slip Knot | Helpful DIY
- How To Tie a Square Knot | Texus Survival with Bob Hansler
Blogging Through The Alphabet Link Party
For more Blogging Through the Alphabet fun please visit the co-hosts:
Amanda @ Hopkins Homeschool
Kirsten @ DoodleMom Homeschool
Jennifer @ A Peace of Mind
Kimberley @ Vintage Blue Suitcase
Christine @ Lifes’s Special Necessities
Yvonne @ The Life We Build
Dawn @ Schoolin’ Swag
Wendy @ Life on Chickadee Lane
Lori @ At Home: where life happens
Kristen @ A Mom’s Quest to Teach
Thanks for reading today!
Have fun with scissors and glue and tieing knots too!
If you enjoyed this post, you may also like one of these: