We searched and tested out recipes for fluffy slime and found this to be our favorite one!
What did we like about it?
- It was easy to make in small batches.
- It actually worked and was stretchy, fluffy and awesome!
Check out our Favorite YouTube video for making fluffy slime! Gillian is so fun to watch and the music really makes your mixing up the batter more exciting! We watched her making this, while we made ours.
It had a great consistency and the trick we realized was you have to add the borax solution 1 tsp at a time, no matter what and it is easy to make the batch too firm and it will not stretch properly, and it will want to crack. The fix for that, what Claire found as we went, was to add cold water and lotion to the slime, and just work it into the slime. It will begin to soften and become more stretchy.
It was so fun to play with!
The Recipe You Need to Try:
- Borax solution: (measure exactly)
1 cup of warm water
- 1 tsp Borax power
In a separate bowl:
- 1/2 cup Elmer’s Glue-All
- 1/2 cup Shaving Cream (try to get nice smelling stuff)
- 1/2 cup Foaming Hand Soap (we didn’t have any so we mixed a few pumps of nice smelling soap with more shaving cream)
- 1 TBSP Cornstarch
- 2 pumps of Hand Lotion
- Borax Solution: add in 4 tsp of borax 1 tsp at a time only, mix until mostly combined but it will still be a little bit sticky (I would always add too much borax and have to do some fixing with lotion and water)
This was so much FUN and my kids went totally crazy for this stuff!
Things to Keep in Mind
It does contain Borax, so we did wash hands and surfaces off after playing, and sealed everything up in ziplock bags to keep for a few more days.
The fix for Slime that has gotten too firm and breaks instead of stretches; add cold water and lotion to the slime, and just work it in. It will begin to soften and become more stretchy.
We want to try this recipe again and ad these really fun foam balls! I also would love to get the pretty food coloring that Gillian uses in her video.
Follow My Related Pinterest Boards
My Product Picks for this Project