After making Mom’s are like Button’s Mother’s Day Cards and lavender sugar scrubs, plus reading our favorite book for Mother’s Day, we were ready for another slime recipe! As you know, we love making slime around here, and we have created a simple, fun and beautiful flower petal glitter slime, perfect to make with some of the flowers you may have just received this last weekend for mother’s day!
Flower Petal Glitter Slime Recipe
- 1 bottle of Washable Color Glue (we used purple)
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of saline eye solution
- 1 dash of iridescent glitter
- an assortment of fresh flower petals, perhaps from a mother’s day bouquet
Watch Our Flower Petal Glitter Slime Tutorial + Read-Aloud of Rose’s Garden:
Method to make Flower Petal Glitter Slime with your kids:
- Pour your washable color glue into a small bowl.
- Add 1 tsp of baking soda and mix until smooth and combined.
- Gradually add in 1 tsp of saline eye solution, and stir until your glue becomes slime.
- Using your hands, (do not be afraid to get messy) stretch out your slime and wrap your slime in your hands to knead and make smooth.
- While your slime is still sticky, add in your flower petals, bit by bit, and continue to knead, gently.
- Now is the time to add in some iridescent glitter if you’d like, and keep kneading. *If your slime is still too sticky, apply a bit more saline eye solution and continue to knead.
- Once complete, have fun playing with your slime!
Roses’s has traveled the world gathering seeds of all kinds
And she finds a city to call home and a place to plant her seeds, but ends up with only a handful of them after some birds find her huge teapot full of seeds, and eat them all!
Despite her trials, Rose continues on her way, planting her seeds, having faith that they will someday bloom. She continues to wait through a rainy spring, a hot summer and a cold winter. Soon the children of the city hear about her, and bring her handmade paper flowers, while she waits for her real ones.
Rose is so happy and thankful and listens to the stories of each child’s journey to this city. She is then surrounded by a garden of paper flowers and has her beautiful garden after all.
That next spring, her garden begins to attract some bees! She realizes there are more than just paper flowers within her garden! Her garden becomes a beautiful place full of flowers for her and the people of the city to enjoy together.
With Rose’s continued faith and steadfast patience, her garden did eventually grow! We enjoy reading this book every springtime while getting our garden ready for planting, cleaning the yard, and spending more time outdoors.
Buy this book today!
Related Post: Plant a Kiss Art Project for Kids Inspired by a Book Illustrated by Peter H. Reynolds!
Thanks for reading today! I hope you enjoyed this one.
Have you read this book before?
Til next time,
Have fun with scissors and glue and flower petal slime too!
If you enjoyed this post, you may also like one of these: