Whip up a batch of Booger Slime, inspired by the children’s book Don’t Eat Your Boogers (You’ll Turn Green) by Carrie Lowrance that your kids will love!
All kids love the concept of boogers!
The book Don’t Eat Your Boogers (You’ll Turn Green) by Carrie Lowrance has gotten our kiddos interested in reading books that are a little longer then they are used to, and loving it! Written to help kids learn why they shouldn’t eat their boogers, it has also inspired our kids to, you guessed it: Make SLIME! Our kids love slime, but also love playing with slime while I read to them. They have been having so much fun with this ooey, gooey green booger slime, that they have even brought it into our ABC time!
Booger Slime Recipe
- 1 bottle of Green Elmers Washable Color Glue
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of Saline Eye Solution
- a dab of water, while mixing!
Watch our Slime Tutorial on YouTube:
The Glue We Love:
The method for making booger slime:
- Mix your glue and baking soda together, until your baking soda is dissolved.
- Then add in the saline eye solution, and continue to mix!
- Knead your ‘sticky’ slime with your hands, for a few minutes, until your slime is not as sticky. You can add a bit more saline eye solution if needed, but be careful to not add too much, as it does continue to activate over time. (too much activator will cause slime to break)
- Once you have your slime ready, you can begin to play with it! Read the book, Don’t Eat Your Boogers (You’ll Turn Green) by Carrie Lawrence while your kids play with their booger slime!
Book Review of Don’t Eat Your Boogers (You’ll Turn Green) by Carrie Laurence
We received a copy of by the author for our honest review.
I recently sat down with Carrie Laurence, and she shared with us that she has spent many years working with children, and saw a need for a book that teaches youngsters the important lesson of not eating their boogers, in a fun and lighthearted way! She has also added in the aspect of eating healthy foods, even when you do not want to, plus how being a caring and understanding friend can make all the difference.
Meet Goober, a young boy who has a bad habit, that he can’t quite kick.
His brother warns him not to keep it up, or he WILL TURN GREEN. Thinking that his brother is just kidding, he carries on eating his boogers. But, soon he wakes up to find that he has literally turned green!
After a trip to the doctor, and a lesson in what to eat to fix this unbelievable situation, Goober embarks on an adventure he won’t ever forget! This was a memorable story, that had my kids listening to every word, laughing and discussing, what would happen to poor Goober. In the end, Goober learns that it is best to leave those boogers alone, and listen to the advice of his family, even if it seems a little unlikely.
Our kids really loved this book, and thought it was really funny and insisted that you do not really turn green.
I reminded them that, yes, I think you just might.
Overall, this one is a ton of fun and a ball of laughs!
Check out this book today:
Do your kids like to play with slime?
Let me know in the comments below! Our kids do, and find any excuse for me to make it with them, and this book did just that!
Til next time, have fun with scissors and glue and booger slime too!