Are you in the mood for mixing up some Blueberry Lemon Streusel Muffins? Give these a try! They are perfect for snack time and are a tasty treat no kids can resist.
I love baking and inventing new recipes, and this weekend I created a batch of really yummy Blueberry Lemon Muffins, and all my kids actually liked it! 🙂 I gave it a twist, with adding in a little bit of lemon juice and mashing up some of the berries. In the mood for mixing up some muffins, give these a try! Let me show you how to mix these up in no time.
Blueberry Lemon Streusel Muffin Recipe
- 1/2 cup of Butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup of White sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 TBSP of Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2/3 cup Blueberries, whole
- 3/4 cup Blueberries, Mashes (in a food processor)
- Gather all ingredients together.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add your eggs, one at a time. Pour in our vanilla and continue to cream and mix until silky smooth.
- In your food processor, add your 3/4 cups of blueberries, and lemon juice, and mash up.
- Add into the batter, until batter is blue.
- Add in your milk and flour, slowly, and mix until smooth. By hand, stir in 2/3 cup of Blueberries.
- Prepare your muffin tin, you can use liners or spray, but we love this method I will show you. It works every time, your muffins will fall out of the pan, easy and be simple to eat without taking the liners off, ( and risk them being dropped on the floor, you know kids do it!)
- Take your soft butter, and with your fingers, add your butter to your muffin tins, and spread the butter around until it is completely coating the sides and bottom of each cup. Take some flour, and sprinkle in every muffin cup, and tip your pan and tap it on the counter to move the flour around to coat every side of the pan. Move the pan around in a circle, to get all the sides of the cups. Toss the remaining flour.
- Pour a little less than 1/4 cup of batter into each muffin pan (this depending on how deep your muffin cups are, fill 3/4 of the way)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Mix up your Sugar and Cinnamon together, and sprinkle generously on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 23- 25 minutes.
- When done, take out of the oven, and turn them all out onto a cooling rack. You can wait a few minutes if you want, but I like to turn them out asap so they do not overcook.
- Enjoy! These were loved by my kids, and husband, I hope yours do as well. We really liked them with a bit of butter.
My kids really enjoyed these Blueberry Lemon Streusel Muffins along with breakfast
They are a great snack during the day, perfect for before, during or after school. This batch bakes just over a dozen muffins and tasted even better the next day. Tip, place them in them in a freezer proof bag, pop them in the freezer, and save them for a rainy day, however, this batch did not last long, and was GONE in 2 days! #winning
Try this Recipe with a Twist:
Wait until the end, to add the mashed berries! Add them to the whole berries. Fold them all in very gently to create a more swirled definition of color and taste within the vanilla batter. Then measure out, top with sugar and cinnamon, and bake!
Til next time,
Breathe deeply and enjoy building your masterpiece with scissors and glue, and muffins too,
If you enjoyed this post, check out one of these: