Looking for a fun spelling activity your kids cannot resist? Try our Pink Glitter Slime + ABC Cookies Play Set – perfect for pre-k to grade 2!
Do your kids like to make slime?
Our kids really love slime, and I’m reminded of the song “Slime After Slime” by The Holderness Family on YouTube because that has been our life for the past two years, except it was me making it for them over and over but now, they are experimenting all by themselves!
We literally have a treasure chest full of slime!
And so, after we bought the huge jug of white glue, My daughter (8) created some beautiful Pink Glitter Slime, plus about eight more batches of more slime that her brothers and her made in less than 48 hours!
All hands on deck!
When our kid’s spot glue, even in the smallest size, they want to make slime, so when they saw the large jug, it was in no time at all that they began grabbing all tools needed to make their own slime (again and again). We didn’t get any photos of making this slime, which was truly made without a recipe, but turned out so great! I will share with you what I can remember from making it alongside her.
Claire’s Pink Glitter Slime Recipe
- l cup of white glue
- Neon Pink Liquid Food Coloring
- 1-3 tsp of Blue Glitter
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- A little spray of eye solution, the less you use the better for a nice fluid and flowing slime.
What to do:
- Combine these ingredients together, mixing until the coloring is completely combined.
- Add in your baking soda and glitter, then the eye solution, mixing until your slime comes together.
- Less is more with your eye solution and soda. Having lotion and a spray bottle of water on hand is something we do while making slime without a recipe. It can help a lot to fix your over-activated slime. (Most times)
- Use your hands to knead the slime together, stretching it back and forth. It will be messy and slimy on your hands but this is the technique my daughter uses to get the slime really fluid.
- Store in an air-tight container, jar or ziplock bag, for up to 2+ weeks, give or take.
Add in the ABC Cookies Play Set to make a FUN Hands-on Spelling Activity!
Pushing the letters into the pink glitter slime is really relaxing and is a great activity to pull out when the kids are wanting to play with slime but you want to make it a bit more educational!
I set up the slime, word cards and letter cookies for them to play with. My kids enjoyed searching for the letters and reading the words along with me.
We went through the stack of cards and I was happy to see how much they liked this idea! My youngest enjoyed pushing the letters into the slime in the correct order, to spell the words! The slime got his attention, and he was thinking this was super cool.
Of course, once you have your word spelled, you can play around with the slime!
We had a lot of fun with this activity, and it really got my youngest excited about spelling. I am planning to continue to use this method for him for sure.
Grab our Recommended Products and make this today!
Let me know in the comments below, all the ways you make spelling fun with your kiddos!
Til next time,
If you enjoyed this post, you may like one of these: